Skip to main content

PERSONAL LEADERSHIP PHILOSOPHY

 PERSONAL LEADERSHIP PHILOSOPHY



I intend to inspire and lead the team through action. As a leader, I will provide my team with clear instruction and guidance leading them to meet the goals of the business. I will behave with decisiveness, power, authority and take up the responsibility if anything went wrong under my management. If the team did a good job, I took the opportunity to show my appreciation to them. If any mistake was made, I took the opportunity to encourage them to share the experience, grow together, fix the mistake, and motivate them for improvements.

 

I value trust, confidence, empathy, respect, and courage. At the same time, I will not tolerate irresponsible, laziness and dishonesty.

 

One of my core values is trust. I believe leaders should demonstrate trust by giving supports to the team. It is important to let the team complete the work on their own and do not micromanage them. Leaders should trust the team, also their ideas or opinions.

 

Confidence is another aspect of my leadership philosophy. I believe leaders should demonstrate confidence by having high emotional intelligence. Leaders should always be available and approachable, open to others’ ideas, be a good listener, speak and deliver instructions clearly.

 

Another important value for me is empathy. It is about the ability to understand how others feel. I believe leaders should demonstrate empathy through listening to the team’s needs and try the best to accommodate if possible. If leaders are not opened to different voices or perspectives, the business will have no improvement and might lead to failure.

 

I believe respect is another great aspect of leadership philosophy. Leaders offer respect to others, and they do not wait for others to show respect to them first. For example, a respectful leader greets the team with a smile and eye contact. Such action can easily break down hierarchies and others can feel more comfortable and easier to communicate or collaborate.

 

Finally, I believe a leader must have the courage to make bold decisions. Sometimes decisions are difficult to understand or not popular among the majority. It is important that the leader can communicate with the team effectively and exceptionally well so they can understand the reason for making that decision and follow with no doubt.

 

To conclude, my leadership philosophy is based on trust, confidence, empathy, respect, and courage, and they help create an important ground for the leadership style that I want to adopt in my career.

 

Comments